Lee writes in with this DIY Ubuntu controlled cat feeder – “I know the DIY VCR cat feeder article has been popular – when I went on vacation, it was something I considered to help keep me the cats entertained and fed. They were formerly strays, so an “all you can eat” bucket would turn them into 100lb behemoths in about 30 seconds :-) Unfortunately, the VCR version requires some complex mechanical pieces, so I opted instead for a computer / cardboard mashup.” – Link.
- VCR Cat Feeder. Liberate a motor from an old VHS deck, attach it to a food chopper, and program the deck’s recording timer to fill Fluffy’s bowl on schedule. Voila! Your own programmable pet food dispenser. MAKE 03 – Page 98.
- Low tech version of the VCR Cat Feeder – Link.
- Automatic cat feeder and waterer – Link.
- Cyborg cats used by the CIA, huh? – Link.
- Tons of cat projects – Link.
VCR Cat Feeder on Make: Projects