In celebration of today’s giveaway we are happy to give you a craft project from the book, PEEPS®! Recipes and Crafts to Make with Your Favorite Marshmallow Treat by Charity Ferreira.
PEEPS® Printed Canvas Tote
Use PEEPS and fabric paints to turn blank canvas totes into Easter basket-bags printed with pink, yellow, and blue Bunnies. Or make trick-or-treat bags printed with glow-in-the-dark Ghosts. Cheaptotes.com is a great resource for natural or colored cotton totes. If you want to expand your choices of paint colors, you can make acrylic paint suitable for printing on fabrics by mixing it with fabric paint medium, about 1 part fabric medium to 2 parts paint.
You will need:
- Pencil and paper
- PEEPS®, any color or shape
- Cotton tote bag, prewashed and ironed
- 1 piece cardboard, small enough to fit inside tote but large enough to cover your entire design
- Fabric paint, any and as many colors as you like
- Shallow dish(es) or bowl(s)
- Small paintbrush (optional)
- Using the paper and pencil, make a sketch ahead of time to plan your print design.
- Separate the PEEPS carefully to preserve their shape and choose the ones you’ll use for making prints.
- Place the tote bag on a flat surface and insert the cardboard inside to keep the paint from soaking through.
- Pour the fabric paint into a shallow dish, or dishes if using multiple colors.
- Dip the front side of one of your PEEPS in paint to coat. Place it, paint side down, onto the tote and press gently. Lift off carefully. Touch up the print with the paintbrush, if necessary.
- Repeat the process as desired. The PEEPS should each make several prints.
- Let the tote dry for 24 hours before using.
Makes 1 tote.
PEEPS® On Film Contest