That was fast, here is s1axter’s how-to on getting the code off the Esquire E-ink’s PIC…
- Find a PC with a pic assember on it.
- Get/borrow/make a ICSP programmer (parallel programmers will work, just lead out the Vdd,Vss,MCLR,CLK,DATA pins.
- Remove the battery since it is only 3v and most likely you will be using 5v.
- Hook up the programmer and read the HEX (Code protection is NOT enabled).
- Disassemble the code using your assembler of choice (mine is gpasm).
Here’s our post with some tidbits too…