How to electroplate with copper

This looks like it could be useful technique for your next build. At the very least, it is an interesting electrochemical experiment to try out. Just remember, copper sulphate is extremely poisonous, so keep your kiddies away.

More about How to electroplate with copper

10 thoughts on “How to electroplate with copper

  1. For an organization that’s promoting chemical literacy, calling copper sulfate “extremely poisonous” is just hysteria-inducing. It only rates a 2 out of 4 for NFPA 704 labeling! You want extremely poisonous, take nickel carbonyl, but not internally.

    1. Point taken. Maybe I overstated it a bit. Although, I don’t think I was exactly promoting “chemical hysteria”. Still, don’t let the kiddies drink it!

      Also, keep in mind a level 2 Health Hazard as defined by the NFPA:

      “Can cause temporary incapacitation or residual injury”

      That certainly doesn’t mean I wouldn’t use it, just use the proper precautions.

      Here is the MSDS:

  2. “Can cause temporary incapacitation or residual injury”
    …”just use the proper precautions”

    Same goes for operating a motor vehicle. And most people consider driving a car reasonably safe.

Comments are closed.