I was at the Kindle 2 press conference today, here are some photos and a video (40 minutes). Some quick hits…
- 16 shades of gray (previous kindle was 4)
- new five way rocker
- live dictionary as you read
- “read to me” text to speech
- screen is 20% faster
- super tiny form factor, nice design, iphonelike
- 25% more battery life 2 weeks on one charge
- ships 2/24, $359
- whispersync / wireless bookingmarking allows you to pick up where you left off reading on any device (pc/mac/iphone?)
- to get a PDFs/txt files on the device you mail it to yourself, it gets convertedÂ that’s the only way.
Not exactly ready for the pages of MAKE, but getting closer!