The PING))) ultrasonic sensor in the Maker Shed provides a low-cost and easy way of measuring distance. This sensor provides all the data form just a single pin connected to your favorite micro-controller. I have used these in several projects, and they work great. Check out the link for a lot more information on this cool little sensor.
- Range – 2cm to 3m (~.75″ to 10′)
- Supply Voltage: 5V +/-10% (Absolute: Minimum 4.5V, Maximum 6V)
- Supply Current: 30 mA typ; 35 mA max
- 3-pin interface (power, ground, signal)
- 20 mA power consumption
- Narrow acceptance angle
- Simple pulse in / pulse out communication
- Indicator LED shows measurement in progress
- Input Trigger – positive TTL pulse, 2 Âµs min, 5 Âµs typ.
- Echo Pulse – positive TTL pulse, 115 Âµs to 18.5 ms
- Echo Hold-off – 750 Âµs from fall of Trigger pulse
- Burst Frequency – 40 kHz for 200 Âµs
- Size – 22 mm H x 46 mm W x 16 mm D (0.85 in x 1.8 in x 0.6 in)
More about the PING))) Ultrasonic range finder
More about the Hitachi compass module