The WaveRP library makes audio recording possible with Arduino(ATMega328), WaveShield + simple mic preamp circuit –
WaveRP is an Arduino library for recording and playing Wave files with the Adafruit Wave Shield. It records 8-bit mono files at 4,000 to 44,100 samples per second. Use of the Wave record/play library, WaveRP, requires the following:
- Arduino with a 5 volt 328 processor.
- Low noise power source such as a nine volt DC adapter or battery.
- Adafruit Wave Shield (version 1.1 is best but 1.0 works)
- Microphone preamp. A circuit for a simple preamp is included in the documentation.
- Microphone, PC type with 3.5 mm plug. See the documentation for details.
- SD/SDHC formatted with 32KB allocation units.
[via Adafruit Industries]
In the Maker Shed:
Arduino WaveShield Kit