It’s probably no surprise to anyone who hangs out here that we love what we do at Maker Media and we’re always looking to do it better, to reinvent ourselves, to grow and expand, while staying creative and true to our mission, which is, ultimately, to serve YOU, the greater maker community. We’re now in the process of planning what we want to do on Make: Online for 2010.
Since one of our internal themes for the year is “Maker Community,” and how we can expand our relationships with individuals and groups in the wider maker/hacker/DIY communities, we thought we’d ask all of you to help us brainstorm the year. What would YOU like to see more of on Make: Online in 2010?
Here are a few of the things we already have in the pipeline:
* A redesign of the website
* More guest author stints (who would you like to see guest-author?)
* More guest columns, a la George Hart’s Math Mondays
* Expansion of the Make: Science Room, with more, exciting projects, videos, etc.
* More in-depth how-tos in Make: Projects
* More instructional videos, a la MAKE Presents, perhaps a series on mechanical engineering
* Support for Make: Electronics, with instructional videos, step-by-step projects, kits in the Shed, etc.
Now, tell us about YOUR ideal Make: Online in 2010…
(We’ll choose three posters and give them a free Maker’s Notebook, so they can sketch out their year in DIY.)