The LED Sewing kit from the Maker Shed was inspired by my Electronic Embroidery article from CRAFT Volume 09 (buy the back issue). You can follow the instructions in the article (or on my website), or come up with your own unique LED embroidery piece, plush toy, or garment hack. It’s a great way to get started with soft electronics.
- (1) Sewable battery holder
- (1) CR2032 coin cell battery
- (7) Feet of conductive thread (enough for one or two projects)
- (2) 5mm LEDs (our choice)
- (1) Metal snap for creating a switch