Just when I thought that we had reached the pinnacle of cool business card design, Matt and Duncan of Metrix Create: Space revealed their plywood press-fit brushless DC motor business card. Designed and fabricated in a single night, their card contains all the parts needed to build a brushless DC motor. The only downside to the design is that you need a separate controller to actually make it run, however I’m sure that could be fit into a second card.
So what does the future of business cards hold for us? How long before someone designs a card that can convert into a functional 3d printer? Oh, I’ve got it- how about a card capable of self-replication? That would be the best promotional tool ever!
- Toolbox: Business cards
- PCB business card
- Electronic business card demonstrates transistor amplification
- Penny-shooting business card
- 3D printable business card case
- How-To: Make Lego business cards
- Augmented reality businesscard
- Business card caliper
- Sparkle Labs paper circuit business cards
- New EMS Labs card/target board
- Adafruit’s business card makes art!
- HOW TO – Business cards on the cheap
- Dot matrix business card