Make: Live episode 14 is all about metalworking. Metalworker and Madagascar Institute director Hackett taught Matt to arc weld, and gave a sneak peek of his new TV show for the Science Channel, Stuck with Hackett, which premieres August 18th.
And Becky gave a jewelry demo showing how to cut and solder sheet silver. Catch up on video and notes from the show here.
- Digi-Key giveaway prize: Weller soldering station, solder, and a fume extractor
- Maker Shed deal: check out with MAKELIVE2 for 20% off the Solder:Time Watch Kit and the Useless Machine Bundle, valid through Sunday August 21.
- Stuck With Hackett premieres on the Science Channel Thurs. August 18 at 10:30pm ET
- Hackett’s blog
- Becky’s Firefox necklace video for CRAFT
- Make: Live intern Michael Colombo
Want to show us your project? Upload a video or photos and send a link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make: Live 15: Make Labs in Sebastopol, CA
Wednesday August 24th, 9pm ET/6pm PT
Watch at makezine.com/live or on UStream
Please join us in the UStream chat or mark tweets with #makelive to interact live with the show.
Becky Stern is a Content Creator at Autodesk/Instructables, and part time faculty at New York’s School of Visual Arts Products of Design grad program. Making and sharing are her two biggest passions, and she's created hundreds of free online DIY tutorials and videos, mostly about technology and its intersection with crafts. Find her @bekathwia on YouTube/Twitter/Instagram.View more articles by Becky Stern