(Video: MAKE’s Dale Dougherty at the BIF-6 Summit from 2010)
Another BIF is coming soon, BIF-7 (September 20-21, 2011), and as is usually the case, they’ve got more than a couple of makers among their list of storytellers. Here’s what BIF is all about:
Now in its seventh year, the BIF Summit has earned it reputation as “one of the top 7 places to watch great minds in action” (according to Mashable). The summit provides participants with the space to be curious and crazy, get inspired, and collide with unusual collaborators. A shoe designer learns innovation processes from a car designer. A police officer teaches a business guru about transforming industries.
- Andy van Dam: pioneer in 3D graphics and hypertext.
- Dennis Littky: reshaping high school learning around hands-on, real world internships
- Graham Milner: He bleeds WD-40.
- Fred Mandell: sculptor and painter
- Richard Saul Wurman: Founder of TED.
BIF has extended a 10% discount to you all as well. The promotion code MAKE11 gets you 10% off registration. BIF-7 will be held from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, September 20, 2011 and Wednesday, September 21, 2011 at Trinity Rep in Providence, RI.