Make: Live episode 17 features 3D modeling and printing and was live from the MakerBot workshop in Brooklyn, NY. Learn about the software and hardware toolchain for realizing your imagination in 3D objects in this archived episode. In the clip above, MakerBot co-founder Bre Pettis talks about exciting developments in their extruder technology and fields 3D printing questions from the audience.
Did you see the turtle shell racers at World Maker Faire NY? Michael Curry aka Skimbal talks design and shows how these rad RC cars work. He’s a superstar modeler who prefers the free tool SketchUp over the fancier modeling packages.
- Matt and Becky on The Engadget Show
- MAKE Plastics month
- Maker Shed deal: check out with code MAKELIVE4 for 20% off Shapelock plastic through October 12, 2011
- World Maker Faire New York 2011
- Hackerspace Passport-stamping machine- The Bureaucrat by Adam Mayer
- DIY cloud chamber by Rich Olson
- Timelapses by Max Cohn from Maker Faire
- World Maker Faire NY YouTube playlist
- Andrew Salomone’s Recursive Cosby Sweater video on CRAFT
- Handcar Regatta in Santa Rosa, CA
- Digi-Key prizes: Digital multimeter and a PanaVise
On this episode we also premiered the Secret Noodle Truck video from World Maker Faire NY:
Hidden somewhere on the grounds of World Maker Faire New York is a fully functioning noodle house in the back of a rental truck, run by Mark Krawczuk. The truck usually appears at New York’s Lost Horizon Night Market and serves new friends two types of noodle soups.
Want to show us your project? Upload a video or photos and send a link to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make: Live 18: Toys & Games
Wednesday October 12th, 9pm ET/6pm PT
Watch at makezine.com/live or on UStream
Please join us in the UStream chat or mark tweets with #makelive to interact live with the show.