LET’S GET ONE THING STRAIGHT RIGHT OFF THE BAT: the Solidoodle 2 is a machine that simply would not have been possible a few short years ago.
In 2009, when MakerBot introduced the Cupcake CNC kit for under $1,000, it was a shot across the bow of the professional 3D printer industry: home 3D printing is here. Here’s another: the Solidoodle 2 costs $499 for the base model, prints better than the Cupcake, and comes completely assembled.
- Primo Features Heated platform, full enclosure, prints out of the box, low price point
- Print volume 6″×6″×6″
- Print speed 50mm/sec
- Print material ABS, PLA
- Resolution (z-axis) 0.1mm–0.3mm
- Machine software Printrun/Pronterface
- Slicing software Slic3r
- OS supported Windows, Mac, Linux
- Open Source Yes
- Price as tested $699 assembled
- Print without PC? No