We sent out the following info this morning, in the Maker Shed newsletter, about Shed sales leading up to Christmas. We thought the rest of you might find it interesting.
Top-Selling Items this Holiday Season:
- MAKE’s Ultimate Guide to 3D Printing
- Getting Started with Arduino Kit
- Arduino Uno
- Learn to Solder Ornament
- Getting Started with Arduino Book
- Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
- Make Electronics Components Pack 1
- MakerShield Kit
- MAKE Subscription
Things We Learned in the 2012 Holiday Season:
- We all love 3D Printing. During the holidays, MAKE’s Ultimate Guide to 3D Printing was our top-selling book, and our 3D Printer Comparison Grid was the top-clicked Maker Shed article.
- Raspberry Pi is rocketing up the microcontroller charts. Sales growth is similar to what we saw in the early years of Arduino.
- You believe in just-in-time ordering. In the 8 weeks leading up to Christmas, 26% of our sales came 8-14 days before Christmas, vs 74% during the other 7 weeks.
- You give great feedback. Thanks for the 200+ holiday reviews. Please feel free to leave a review on any item you purchased – just click “Write a review” at the bottom of any product page. If you have feedback for us directly, please e-mail us at email@example.com.