MAKE is kicking off another session of Maker Camp this summer. We’re getting the word out and recruiting campers at Maker Faire next month with a retro looking camp installation. But we need a really cool sign and we’re hoping to tap our local maker community for help. Here’s what we need:
- A wood sign on a roughly 8-foot tall stand about 6″ thick. Or, the sign could be strung between two posts to form an entranceway.
- Sign should read “Maker Camp” and feel “Moonrise Kingdom-esque.” Could have burnt/singed edges.
- The wooden lettering should stand out from the background of the sign in a literal, 3D way, not just visual. Maybe make the letters out of real branches?
- We’re thinking a red background with white letters to match Maker Camp brand. It should be easy to read and stand out, but should still feel “camp-like.”
- Oh, and we need it as soon as possible. Like the end of next week?
Here’s a rough sketch we came up with:
If you’re up for the challenge, please contact Tara Yellen at email@example.com.
Thanks for the help.