- 1. It’s easy and fun. We’ll send you a packet with fliers, postcards, and stickers. You distribute and post them at your favorite locations, snap some pictures, and send them to us.
- 2. It’s a great way to get involved with the Faire. If you love Maker Faire as much as we do and believe in the power of teaching folks hands-on activities, spreading the word and getting more people involved is a win for all. Spread inspiration!
- 3. You can earn two adult tickets to Maker Faire, worth $80. To show our thanks, you and a friend will be our guest at the Faire. What’s not to love about free tickets?
Pictured above is 9-year-old Alyssa Loeb, one of the most enthusiastic members of our World Maker Faire New York Street Team last year. Wanna know why Alyssa loves Maker Faire enough to want to spread the news? Check out our interview with her.
Interested in joining the Maker Faire Bay Area Street Team? Follow these simple steps:
1. Fill out this form and we’ll send you a Maker Faire Bay Area 2014 Street Team Kit. Please note that your last day to sign up is April 16, 2014. In the Street Team Kit you’ll find:
10 Business Cards (Both our Bay Area and New York Dates are listed!)
2. Take your goodies and post them in high-traffic venues. Please be sure to ask for permission when appropriate, as we definitely want to respect other’s property.
Here are some great places to post flyers and place postcards:
3. Snap some photos in ALL of the places you decide to post. You need a minimum of 5 different pictures from 5 different locations. Note that once you’ve captured your photos, be sure to document those places that you’ve been. We want to know the details! Remember, the Street Team Kit contains a lot of materials, so the 5 pictures from 5 locations are the MINIMUM number to share. Please don’t use the materials in just 5 locations — help spread the word!
You can get more involved on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram simply by tagging your Street Team photos using #makerfaire.
4. When you’ve finished collecting all of your stories and photos, please return to http://goo.gl/hVzWZV to submit your information and send your pictures to email@example.com. Your pictures and stories must be submitted no later than: April 30, 2014. Please note that we have a lot of amazing pictures and stories to review, so it may take up to a week to get your tickets! Thank you for your patience.
After you’ve completed these steps, and we’ve reviewed your hard work, we will send you a link for your two Maker Faire tickets! We can’t wait to see what you do — thank you for helping us spread the good word!