Give your lampshades boho style by dipping them in Rit liquid dye and embellishing them with Dazzling Metallics painted lace.
- Rit Liquid Dye in Golden Yellow and Tangerine
- Dazzling Metallics Glorious Gold
- Fabric Lampshades
- E-6000 Fabri-Fuse
- Spray bottle
- Pie pan
1. Wet your lampshade with a spray bottle (or put it under the sink)
2. Fill a pie plate about 1/2″ with hot water and add 2 cupfuls of Rit Liquid Dye in Golden Yellow
3. Stir thoroughly and then rest the base of the lampshade in the dye for about five minutes.
4. Fill your pie plate with hot water and 2 cupfuls of Tangerine Rit Liquid Dye.
5. Stir and then dip the top of your lampshade in the dye for about 5 minutes. *Let it bleed upward to give an ombre effect.
6. Cut your lace in different sized pieces.
7. Paint them with Dazzling Metallic Paint in Glorious Gold.
8. When they’re dry, glue the lace to the lamp shade with E-6000 Fabri-Fuse and tape the pieces in place until they dry.