Calling all World Maker Faire fans! World Maker Faire is returning to the New York Hall of Science in Queens on October 1 & 2 for its 7th annual showcase of amazing projects from engineers, hobbyists, food makers, scientists, artists, tinkerers, and inventors. Help share your excitement about the Greatest Show (and Tell) on Earth by spreading the word! Join our “Street Team” and market World Maker Faire to your local communities and get two Single Day Passes ($90 value!) for your hard work.
The Street Team posts fliers, stickers, and business cards in their communities to expose new people to World Maker Faire. It’s easy, fun, and can get you (and your plus one) into the Faire for free! Signing up is easy:
There are a limited number of Street Team spots — sign up early, (the FINAL DATE to sign up date is August 31!) Please be sure to read all the details and deadlines on the sign up form. We want to ensure anyone who signs up is 100% on board before reserving these limited spots – thank you.
- Fill out this form and we will send you a World Maker Faire New York 2016 Street Team Kit.
- Take your materials and post them in high traffic venues. Please be sure to ask for permission when appropriate. Ideas: Bookstores, coffee shops, makerspaces, schools, community centers … get creative!
- Snap photos in ALL of the places you post materials. (You’ll need a minimum of 10 different pictures from 10 different locations to qualify for the free tickets. We can tell if they are placed in just one or two locations – really, we review these!)
- Once you’ve documented your Street Team journey, share via your social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, etc.). Use #wmf16 and #makerfaire to tag your posts! Have FUN with this – the Maker Faire community loves seeing Faire materials and people in the wild!
- After sharing with your social communities, to complete the process and qualify for the tickets, you’ll need to complete this form and share your photos with us as well. The deadline to submit your stories and photos is no later than September 14, 2016.
In the Street Team Kit, you will find:
- 25 Flyers
- 100 Postcards
- Business Cards
Check out some of our favorite pictures from last year’s street team in action! (Hint: These are great examples of how and where to post your materials!)
Remember, there are a limited number of Street Team spots — awarded on a first come, first serve basis — and the last day to sign up is August 31, 2016.