Here’s a pretty simple DIY solar iPod charger from “M”@ yosemiteoutside.com – “I looked everywhere for a lightweight solar iPod charger. Nothing fancy, just something I could attach to the top of my backpack. I couldn’t find one anywhere, I couldn’t even find instructions on how to build one. So, I set about building one for myself. As this was all about getting very light materials, this set-up is very simple but the charger has no protection from branches, rain, or marmots. Also, understand that I am not an engineer. I have attempted to safely mimmic the power from a USB connections. Namely, 5VDC and less than 500mA. But, this could destroy your iPod, create a rift in space-time or bring about the end of the world. It’s your call, baby. I’m just saying this is how I did it.” [via] – Link.
Related iPod charing:
- Hand powered iPod Shuffle – Link.
- HOW TO – Make an iPod charger for your bicycle! – Link.
- HOW TO – Make a dual iPod charger – Link.
- Every freaking way to charge an iPod – Link.
- HOW TO – Make a portable USB charger – Link.
- iPod Archives – Link.
New in the MAKE store:
- Make your own iPod battery-pack and recharger! – Link.