Sam writes –
A very simple, yet elegant vase, made from a light bulb.
Recently someone came around with a free energy saving light bulb for every home. So I made something from an old burnt out bulb that the new one replaced. The bulb was hollowed out, and then suspended on a simple stand.
- a light bulb
- metal rod – I found mine in the junk box. I think it came from a filing system. Something around 3/16″
- A piece of wood. I used part of a wine case. You could use anything really. Try something interesting like drift wood.
- the basic tools: saw, drill, Dremel, pliers.
Disclaimer- Glass is sharp. Be careful. Don’t eat light bulbs. This is probably known to cause cancer in the state of California.
Light Bulb Vase – Link.
- Light bulb aquarium – Link.
- Make a Snowman Ornament from a Light Bulb – Link.
- Eco-car more efficient than light bulb – Link.
- Blog: HOW TO – Hollow out a light bulb – Link.