Biotele writes –
This instructable introduces the venerable Spy Ear in details and my way to reverse engineer a circuit.
Why does this device deserves its own instructable?:
- You can buy a Spy Ear for a dollar!
- It can amplify sounds up to 60 dB or a factor of a 100.
- It has a self limiting property and adjusts the gain so that the amplified signal volume is always just right.
- It runs of two LR44 1.5 volt button cell alkaline battery, so it’s perfect for portable projects.
- Many of today’s projects, such as in robotics, require analogue front end for sensing the environment and the Spy Ear circuit is just right to fill in as a multi-purpose front end amplifier.
- It is simple enough to reverse engineer.
- I am making another instructable using this device.
- The Spy Ear is a fantastic cheap,small and rugged circuit for modding and hacking.
HOW TO – Hack The Spy Ear and reverse engineer a circuit – Link.