I don’t know from hot air soldering, so I can’t judge the details of this homemade rig, but it’s certainly a thorough Instructable. Hot air work/SMD soldering is something I need to break down and learn. Maybe you too? SparkFun has a decent tutorial .
INSANELY HOT DIY Hot Air Soldering iron @ 15 Volts DC and 3.5 amps…PART II – Link
- DIY Hot Air Soldering Iron – Link
- $45 Hot Air Pencil – Link
- Looking for a good soldering iron? – Link
- Solder surface mount parts with a toaster oven. – Link
- HOW-TO : Hand-solder teeny tiny chips! – Link