This is part 8 of an ~8-part series I’m doing on bike-powered devices. If you’ve got a link to another device that should be included or a better-documented version of any of these, comment below. I learned about most of these devices through the old-news Innovate or Die contest.
Wow: go pedals. I’m in awe at the sheer number of things that people have powered with bikes, and I’m sure I’m only scratching the surface. Thanks to people who have sent me additions to my initial lists. Here’s the 31 things we’ve found bike-powered thus far:
2. Washing Machine
4. Christmas Lights (or at least lights connected to a pedal-powered generator)
Bikes Moving Unlike Bikes
2. Snow Car
3. (Bigger) Amphibious Cycle
4. Tandem (without having to see your co-rider)
5. Family Truckster
6. Rat Patrol Oz’s Amphibious Tall Couch Trike, thanks to Gentry:
7.A taxi trailer (welded) in Namibia, thanks to Aaron Wieler:
8. And, last but far from least, the Microship:
Thanks to Steven Roberts for building and submitting this beautiful bike-able boat.
Without further ado, I’m going to go look for more bikes in the garbage:)