The PICSynth project uses 2 digitally controlled oscillators along with analog waveshaper and a voltage-controlled filter resulting in some very sweet sounds.
- Dual oscillator mono synth
- Really easy to build using just 1 custom programmed PIC chip, 4 ICs and single 12v supply
- All circuits built on veroboard – no printed circuit board making skills needed
- PIC based dual oscillator and digital keyboard scan
- Analog VCF/VCA/Envelope
- Waveforms : sawtooth, square (with pulse width adjust), triangle
- Tuning presets : in-sync, out-sync, detune1 and detune2
- Expandable, first two modules shown below.
Update: The author sends word that the project has moved to a new site.