Isac Zal’s Harmonic Generator instrument is an impressively visual beast of a device, complete with wheels for mobility –
- 64 piano strings on the outside of the device are chromatically tuned to 32 notes.
- 32 corresponding motors with bristle paint brushes beating the strings at controlled speeds
- a homemade keyboard, played like a piano, controls motors.
- 12 pick-ups that focus on one octave of strings
- a transducer at the end of the instrument that feeds back the sound of the pick-ups into the large resonance hull