Comments

1. joem says:

Ah. An anime girl in a highly-suggestive pose showing plenty of cleavage! I assure you I’m no prude, but isn’t this ad fairly sexist, especially when considering the scarcity of women in technology fields? It’s sort of like if some Republican convention were to have a poster that prominently featured an African-American eating watermelon and fried chicken.

I was more turned on by the walking car to be quite honest

3. jammit says:

Waitaminnit. There’s a girl in the picture?

4. tintintin says:

I agree with the first poster. While I’m a male and a fan of the art, I don’t find it particularly appropriate for an event like this.

5. wy says:

I agree with number 1 an 4 – being female, and doing some lowtech hacking – I can’t really say that I run into a lot of other women doing this. So, it is quite important for me to point out to the “”guys”” that perhaps, if they would like some more girlhackers, that they should not scare them off.

“Gentlemen – this image is not good for your girlhacker-ratio…”

6. wy says:

“Gentlemen – this image is not good for your girlhacker-ratio…”

7. wy says:

“Gentlemen – this image is not good for your girlhacker-ratio…”

8. austin artist and hipster says:

The poster is horrible. I won’t go to this event because of the poster!

9. wy says:

the comments were glitching

I did not meen to nag 3 times ;-)
    But…

10. sonya says:

jeez man, this is the lamest of possible posters. i thought dorkbot was, like, progressive or something?? meaybe i read you guys wrong.