12 Responses to Hip keyrack uses magnets to clasp keys

Your Thoughts?

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1. There’s some rare earth magnets you could bury in the wood that would probably hold the car, let alone the “unwieldy set of keys” that many carry.

2. I love this idea, but wonder if it would harm my car keys that have a security chip in them, as well as controlling the door locks, and ID for the seat settings.

3. Thomas S Wilkinson on said:

Nice design, but a lot of my keys are non-ferrous.

In fact out of the 8 keys I carry around, only 1 would stick to a magnet.

4. Thomas S Wilkinson on said:

but is suppose the keyring would stick, but still wouldn’t look as cool as the photo above.

5. Random_Tangent on said:

But also holds your mail.

It holds my giant set of keys rather well and has yet to cause any problems with a small array of chipped keys and security swipey things. Not bad at all for 13 bucks.

6. I just bought a stack of 1mm thick by 8mm diameter rare earth magnets. You could glue one of them to each non ferrous key and then they would stick no problem.

As long as your electronics don’t use hall effect sensors (unlikely) I don’t think the magnets would affect alarm fobs and so on? You wouldn’t want to stick your magnetic swipe/credit cards to it though of course!

7. The Mighty Twix on said:

I really like this… Great look simple design, and functional… I only worry about people with USB drives on the key chain.

Other than that great make.

8. CircuitGizmo on said:

“I only worry about people with USB drives on the key chain.”

USB devices are not sensitive to magnets.

9. Anonymous on said:

Not a bad idea.. plus you can probably “make” one today with a magnetic knife holder

10. I use read a couple of excellent information in this article. Definitely benefit saving with regard to revisiting. My spouse and i wonder the way a whole lot try you set to produce this type of great educational internet site.
    cheap timberland boots http://www.deltadesignltd.co.uk/sites/all/class/system.php

11. Are you able to get this some sort of widespread application therefore ipad 2 buy consumers may take benefit of the more expensive tv screen?
    soldes timberland pas cher http://onecpm.fr/

Related Supplies at Maker Shed