In the 19th century, three ancient Egyptian obelisks made of solid granite—each weighing north of 200 tons—were shipped from Egypt to London, Paris, and New York. Postcolonial-era questions about whether ancient Egyptian obelisks shouldn’t perhaps be left in Egypt aside, how it was done is quite an interesting story. This, BTW, is just the first of what I expect will be many gems from my newly-discovered treasure trove, No Tech Magazine, a sister publication to kris de kecker’s Low Tech Magazine, which we rave about here all the time.
- Aerial Tram- And Cableways
- Human-Powered Cranes And Lifting Devices
- Lost Knowledge: Knot tying
- Lost Knowledge: Wood gas vehicles
- Lost Knowledge: Timbrel vaulting
- Lost Knowledge: Airships