Our friend Quinn Dunki has a benchtop power supply, but she wasn’t entirely satisfied with it. Quinn has needs. She made a list:
- Quick on/off switch for the board, separate from the bench supply
- Indicator light for when the breadboard is hot
- Switchable between unregulated supply and regulated 5V
- A place to patch in an ammeter for measuring the draw of the entire circuit
- A bunch of reference ground pins for scopes, meters, etc.
- Supply to both sides of the breadboard
She got to work and the “Juice Bridge” was born. See her site, Blondihacks, for the full details and schematics (and some discussion about improvements/additions).