Las Vegas Mini Maker Faire is looking for amazing maker talent from the Las Vegas area to participate in their 2nd annual event. Last year’s Las Vegas Mini Maker Faire featured 40 maker exhibits and welcomed over over 700 attendees.
I recently spoke with Las Vegas Mini Maker Faire organizer and Syn Shop member, Paweł Szymczykowski. He explained that the event is growing and moving to a larger venue downtown with sponsorship from Zappos, The Downtown Project, Pololu, Full Spectrum Laser, and RobotsConf. The event will be held at the Learning Village on Saturday, April 5th from 10am to 7pm.
Paweł shared a small sampling of the makers that will be at this year’s event:
- Syn Shop – The Las Vegas hackerspace. Syn Shop members organize Las Vegas Mini Maker Faire and bring out their their best projects!
- Local Motors – community designed vehicles including the Rally Fighter!
- Robot Army Starter Kit – a DIY delta robot platform that is currently on Kickstarter!
- Poison Candy Fashion – “High Quality, Stylish Products for Retro Vixens” designed & manufactured in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas LEGO Users Group – LEGO fan club for Southern Nevada
- Skyworks Aerial Systems – a Las Vegas based company focusing on research and development of multi application drones.
The Las Vegas Mini Maker Faire “Call for Makers” deadline is March 5, so apply now to be included in the fun!
If you know of makers within driving distance of Las Vegas, please share this post with them, or post a comment below linking to their work and the Las Vegas Mini Maker Faire team will reach out to recruit them!
I met Paweł last year at RobotsConf and then spent time visiting Syn Shop, Zappos, and The Downtown Project with him earlier this year. I can’t wait to go back for Las Vegas Mini Maker Faire to see all the Las Vegas maker talent in one location. By then I’ll have the early results of our Maker Effect research project, and some good stories from Makerland in Warsaw – I look forward to meeting some of you there!