Ian writes “The basic mod is simple: cut down the CVS cam to the bare essentials and mount it inside the nose cone. I used foam core to support the camera board and USB connection. I had three unsuccessful launches before I got this video, though I’m not sure why they failed. After the first two launches with no video, I figured the problem was that the batteries were disconnecting from the acceleration at lift-off. I was using a regular battery case with springs in it at the time, and it could only fit in the nose cone verticaly. For the second two launches I had the battery leads soldered directly to the double A batteries, and aulthough it still failed once, I think it at least improves my chances.” Link.