A little follow up on the single Nixie Tube clock we posted, here’s another version sent in from Amanda that RSW made –
“A while ago I found a Burroughs B-5853 Nixie tube kicking around in the lab and decided that I should put it to good use. Since I only had one of this size, I wanted to make a single-digit display out of it. After I saw Jason Harper’s Nixie clock gallery, I decided that one digit really could make a cool clock.
To add to the excitement, I wanted to be able to PWM the display, allowing smooth fading and ultra sexiness (you know, for the ladies :-P) and allow for further expansion, perhaps via a computer interface. For these reasons, I chose the Microchip PIC16F628 microcontroller, which has an on-board USART and does hardware PWM on one pin. Moreover, I’m already quite experienced making crap with the 16F628, including another clock…” – Link.
- David Forbes, Nixie-display clocks … – Link.
- HOW TO – Powering Nixie Tubes… – Link.
- Single-digit Nixie, Oscilloscope CRT a Weston … – Link.
- Tiny Nixie clock – Link.
- Nixie clock gallery – Link.
- Nixie Tube collectors and designers – Link.
- Nixie Build – Link.
- NIXIÐ˜-1 – Nixie clock – Link.
- Nixie tube watch – Link.
- Nixie propeller clock – Link.
- Ryan Brooks’s 6502 Nixie clock – Link.
- Nixie tube – tube clock – Link.