Nginuity from the Hacked Gadgets forums made a fun Altoids tin morse code oscillator…
“I finally finished that morse code oscillator I was working on. It works okay for what it is, but I have some serious heat dissipation issues I need to look into for next time. The caps going to ground get real hot if I keep the morse keyer depressed, and, the pitch gets higher as it heats up too. That 500 ohm pot is REAL hot to the touch. I think with beefier components (I was thinking of replacing the ceramic caps with tantalum), and a diode in between pin 7 and pin 2 of the 555 timer, and a zener diode between pin 2, and the 15 K resistor will bring down the heat a bit. The diodes were suggested for a more stable duty cycle anyway. “ [via] – Link.
- Video: Morse coders beating SMSers – Link.
- Morse code – text to MP3 and learn morse code! – Link.
- DIY Morse code Palm keyboard interface board – Link.
- — — .-. … . -… . .- – … … — … – Link.
- Make Morse Code Music – Link.
- Fun with flashing lights – Link.
- This is not your grandfather’s HAM radio… – Link.
- Simple Working Telegraph System – Link.
- HOW TO – Build a computer controlled radio transmitter – Link.
- Mint tin projects… Link.