Hi Crafters! We’ve been getting some amazing proposals for the Maker Faire, but we would like to hear from you! Just a reminder that our extended deadline for Maker Faire Bay Area proposals ends this Sunday, March 18th at midnight PST.
Last year, we did accept a bunch of proposals up until the week before the Faire because it’s hard to say no to cool projects. However, accepting late proposals means that the programs and maps for attendees weren’t as helpful as they could be. So, to demonstrate that we learned something from having done this once, we really want to give ourselves (and you) the time to do it right. Thanks for your help.
Here are some ideas for topics that we’re looking for:
- Halloween projects (props, costumes, interactive displays, music)
- Recycled things
- Ham radios
- Weather stations
- Cars (hot rods, custom vans, especially with a tech flavor)
- Airplanes and aeronautics (models, etc.)
- History of science & engineering
- Cool RC toys & mods
- Video games (retro, arcade, and more)
- Looms (historical or unusual)
- Sewing demonstrations
- Old farm or garden equipment (tractors, etc.)
- Temporary structures (tents, domes, etc.)
- Unusual tools or machines
- How to fix things or take them apart (vacuums, clocks, washing machines, etc.)
Visit our Maker Faire website for more information and our online application. – Link.