The Eccentric Cubicle site is up! Including a free sample chapter!
Astound your friends! Amaze your colleagues! Worry your family! Embrace the philosophy of improvisational fabrication and really personalize your office cubicle. Kaden Harris-the unconventional mind behind Eccentric Genius -takes aspiring and die-hard makers into a highly entertaining parallel universe of surreal workplace oriented projects that combine a wide spectrum of basic shop techniques, alternative material sourcing and lateral design paths. From scale model Greco-Roman projectile launchers to mood-enhancing audio visual effects, each project offers a different set of challenges, skills, maker lore and bad puns.
- The perfect golf swing on your desktop
- Lucid dream state induction device
- USB-powered bubble blower
- An unfathomably convoluted Fog machine
- A personal guillotine
- And many other improbable exercises in simple mechanisms and primary tool use for the opposably thumbed
Far more than a collection of project “how-tos”, Eccentric Cubicle offers oblique industrial design and fabrication philosophies, sardonic social commentary and enthusiastic encouragement for Makers to adapt, modify and hack their way though the builds.