Nothing says “robot” like an android. So lets make one of our own! This course will take you through the steps of building your own android. You’ll leave with a working, foot tall programmable android! You can use it for kung-fu matches, dancing, stair-climbing or many other events. Only 20 slots available (one or two people max per slot) Humanoid is designed to be remote controlled, but can be used autonomously by adding sensors.
Materials include all parts for one 13″ tall humanoid, an infrared controller, programming software and a bearing head screw driver. Motherboard contains 8 I/O slots for upgrades like Sonar or Bluetooth.
Parts Cost – $399
Lab Fee – $200
You will need to bring a Windows laptop (or Mac/Linux box with a windows emulator). Your laptop must have a 9-pin serial port or a USB port and a USB-to-serial adapter. Attendees might want to bring a variable-speed power-drill or power screwdriver with a 3″ long #0 Phillips head screw bit.
- April 12, 10-6pm
- April 13, 10-6pm
- Includes lunch both days (specify in order comments if vegetarian)
- Please include you Make Subscriber ID in the comments field at checkout.
- Bring a copy of your printed order confirmation with you as proof of registration.
- San Francisco State University, 19th and Holloway in San Francisco, CA.
- Further details will be emailed to registrants.
More details and sign up here.