Six years ago I bought a cheap off brand cordless drill for work. My namebrand loving co-workers give me grief for it, but it does the job year after year at a fraction of the price. These are people who think the tools make the tech, and not the craftsmanship and skill in the workman. After recently buying new replacement ni-cad battery packs for it, the electric motor smoked and died. Since I have a reputation for keeping the oldest of equipment humming along, I jokingly took it home to fix it. Darned if I found an exact replacement motor in my storage tote of motors that I collected over the years. The problem was the gear was pressed on the shaft so tight it wouldn’t budge with a pair of screwdrivers harmonically prying it. So with some micro spot-welding on some nuts & bolts, in 20 minutes I made a gear puller. I’ll show up for work with the old drill ready for another six years of duty. And I’ll have to toss them the gear puller to reinforce craftsmanship.
Homebrewed Gear Puller