After two years of traveling to the Bay Area, we’re proud to bring the Road to Maker Faire Challenge to NYC this September. Presented by Esurance, one lucky maker will win $2,500 to exhibit at the Greatest Show & Tell on Earth, Maker Faire!
Whether your project travels in a suitcase or requires a tow hitch and trailer to move it around, this is a unique opportunity to showcase what you make for an enthusiastic audience in America’s most populous city.
Previous applicants have included everything from robotic machines to paper crafts, from drawbots to homemade toys & games, from model railway societies to online communities sharing skills and plans. If you make something, you could win!
The complete rules are over at the contest site, but I’ll recap them for you:
- The contest begins today, June 25th!
- The contest ends at 11:59pm PT on Monday, August 5th. That gives you more than a month to prepare your materials for submission.
- But don’t wait until the last minute to apply. The sooner you enter, the better the chance you could be featured here on the MAKE blog.
- If you already plan on applying to World Maker Faire, you can also participate in this contest.
- The $2,500 grand prize is yours to use for travel and accommodation, or to upgrade your project to the next level. Whatever you don’t spend on the road is yours to keep.
- The 4th annual World Maker Faire is September 21st & 22nd in Queens, NYC. Save the dates now should you win!
If you’re already a resident of the five boroughs or if you’ve never traveled to New York City, this is an opportunity you do not want to miss. If you use the prize money to advance a project you’re already working on, or if you couldn’t make the trip without it, apply now! It could be the best road trip you ever go on.
And lastly to give you some inspiration, here’s a slideshow of projects that competed on the previous Road to Maker Faire Challenge: