Connectivity is one of the key elements of the Internet of Things. The other is sensors, a must for almost any type of IoT scenario.
Cypress Semiconductor is working to let people quickly access the necessary technologies to build the projects they want and help quickly advance the IoT field. And to help get us there, they are sponsoring a new challenge to help people turn their ideas into realities.
The challenge, co-presented by Mouser and hosted on Hackster.io, asks people to submit their sensor-based IoT project ideas that can be made with their PSoC Analog Coprocessor; Cypress and Hackster will select their favorite 100 ideas and send their inventors a powerful new PSoC Pioneer Kit, a flexible prototyping board with five built-in sensors (motion, light, temperature, proximity, and humidity) coupled to an ARM Cortex-M0+ chip for fast-yet-efficient processing, all in an Arduino Uno-shield-compatible form factor.
The Pioneer Kits aren’t the ultimate goal, however — from there, these 100 semi-finalists will be tasked with building their project, then Cypress and Hackster will select the three best and award each with an Oculus Rift headset.
It’s not hard to get involved; all you need is to submit an idea by October 30th. But to stand out, quality and uniqueness are good aspects to keep in mind. There are plenty of smart home ideas out there already, so be sure to get really creative if that’s the avenue you want to go down.
There’s a huge variety of options here — get inspired, get your idea drawn up, and go for the glory.
Details from the contest page:
Here are some useful links to get you started:
- Check out the PSoC Analog Coprocessor page with getting started guides, documentation, and support
- Get started with the PSoC Creator Integrated Design Environment (IDE).
- Buy a CY8CKIT-048 PSoC® Analog Coprocessor Pioneer Kit here.
- Check out the various sensors available through Mouser that can be used with the PSoC Analog Coprocessor here
Show us what you’ve got. We have some amazing prizes for you!
Step 1: Register for the contest
- Start by creating a free account on Hackster.io (or sign-in)
- Register for the contest by clicking “Register as a participant”
- Register for the webinars
Step 2: Apply to win one of 100 Cypress CY8CKIT-048 PSoC® Analog Coprocessor Pioneer Kits by pitching an idea
- Submit your project idea by Oct 30, 2016
- Click “Apply to receive Cypress CY8CKIT-048 PSoC® Analog Coprocessor Pioneer Kit” and fill in the template. Tell us what you want to create. Make sure to incorporate one of the sensors sold by Mouser for your best chance to win.
- We will select the top 100 winners based the originality, quality, and creativity of your idea
Step 3: Enter to win the grand prizes by building and submitting your project
- You can still participate even if you didn’t win a free kit!
- Build your project using the Cypress CY8CKIT-048 PSoC® Analog Coprocessor Pioneer Kit
- Submit your project by clicking on “Add my project”
- Describe your project. Include plenty of details: what are you creating? What does it do? Why does it matter?
- Submit your project in one of the relevant categories (smart home, environment, healthcare)
- Submit your project by Jan 8, 2017
Your posted project should include:
- Story and quality images;
- Clear instructions;
- BOM and schematics;
- Source code;
- CAD files if relevant
- All project submissions must use the Cypress CY8CKIT-048 PSoC® Analog Coprocessor Pioneer Kit