From the MAKE Flickr photo pool

Bugmaker (aka Andrew Scott) lives up to his moniker sharing some more shots of his eerily lifelike sculpture. He sites “acrylic on PVC gel and aluminum” as his materials – no mention of which planet/dimensional rift/dreamscape the above “SandCreature” hails from. – SandCreature on Flickr



Bugmaker (photos)

Collin Cunningham

Collin Cunningham

Born, drew a lot, made video, made music on 4-track, then computer, more songwriting, met future wife, went to art school for video major, made websites, toured in a band, worked as web media tech, discovered electronics, taught myself electronics, blogged about DIY electronics, made web videos about electronics and made music for them … and I still do!

  • Craig

    Those are amazingly cool. He says he is using “PVC Gel” but I am having a tough time finding a source for that. Any ideas?

  • Bugmaker

    PVC gel is polyvinyl chlorinate gel. This is the chemical description of all polymer clays, same as PVA gel is the generic term for slime. I’m using Super Sculpey.