Kidwash

Carl Morris from Orlando combined misting water jets with ever-versatile PVC pipe to create 100% brushless Kidwash 2 – Keeps kids clean and refreshed! – KidWash 2 : PVC Sprinkler Water Toy

Check out the instructable for the lowdown on how to build your own – KidWash 2 on Instructables

Collin Cunningham

Born, drew a lot, made video, made music on 4-track, then computer, more songwriting, met future wife, went to art school for video major, made websites, toured in a band, worked as web media tech, discovered electronics, taught myself electronics, blogged about DIY electronics, made web videos about electronics and made music for them … and I still do!

Comments

1. Stephen Gentle says:

This is illegal where I live! You are not allowed to wash cars, windows, or water gardens (actually, maybe just with buckets) either – ever since our dams dropped lower than 20% capacity.

They’ve since doubled in total capacity, but we still have restrictions until we have another 20% – which could be a long time given the state of things.

2. Anon says:

Bummer for you, Steve. The rest of you, build on!

I’m thinking of building one and charging kids a nickel to drive thru it.

3. t says:

really stupid comment anon. there’s a worldwide water shortage and wasting water with this kind of contraption is unbelievable. it usually takes some time for some people to realize that everybody has to participate – it’s not only “other people’s problem”. if you don’t believe me, we’ll talk again in 10 years. in the meantime, conserve water!
    i thought makers and dyi’ers would be a bit more sensitive to these issues.

4. Anon, again says:

Spare me. How many electricity-wasting, waste-heat-generating projects are posted here every day? Who really needs a multiple-color-cycling LED, anyway?

You want green projects, there’s probably a more appropriate place for you online. Drop us a line here when you find it.

5. anon anon says:

the concerns about legalities for this ‘totally fun looking’ project might be circumvented by calling it a pet cooling station (irrespective of the dimensions). My dogs would love it!

cheers!

kids having fun, oops

6. Kim says:

This looks really awesome, and if you’re against wasting water, etc. just don’t make it…. We all look for ways to keep our children busy during the summer months… Like I said if you’re against it, that’s your prerogative..

7. Melissa says:

Just don’t leave it running all day, duh. If the mist is fine enough- it probably uses very little water. I guarantee you that it uses FAR less water if runs for 15-20 minutes than filling even a little kiddie pool. (If you go with the kiddie pool- at least water your garden afterwards with the water.) Besides- it is a fun way to cool off instead of blasting the (energy-sucking ) AC all day. I’d make this for my daughter and enjoy a delicious, organic popsicle while she played.