If you needed a new reason to attend Maker Faire Austin, here’s a good one: instant transformation into a zombie:

dbot_zombie.jpg

Image by David Weaver

Meredith Johns and Carolyn O’Hara from Hawgfly will be there with their gore cannon, which allows them to coat targets, volunteers, and pretty much anything else with convincing-looking blood. If you ask them nicely, they may use you as a target.

Oh, and here’s a poorly-edited video of me getting shot with fake gore:

I walked into Cafe Mundi (our very-tolerant Dorkbot host) to rinse my gore off, and someone thought I was actually bleeding from the head. So, if you see somebody bloody but smiling at Maker Faire Austin, ask them if they’re ok before calling the ambulance:)

Comments

1. Dakota says:

Make, to be honest, this doesn’t seem right being posted right after announcing Mark Hoekstra’s death.

2. Phillip Torrone says:

@Dakota – there’s no way luke knew about mark’s passing away from a heart attack when this was posted. we’re not going to censor the site, i know for sure mark wouldn’t want that.

3. Jonathan Guthrie says:

I keep seeing all these blog entries for the Maker Faire Austin, and I’d like to go, but none of them tell me when it is. I DO know that the deadline for submitting an entry has come and gone, but when is the thing itself. I suppose I could go and do a search and I suppose I can find out where it is, but would it be too much trouble to just put a link to the home page of the event so I wouldn’t have to go searching for it?

4. Patti Schiendelman says:

Here you go, Jonathan: http://makerfaire.com/

And there’s a box on the right-hand side of the blog that says “Maker Faire” – clicking on that gets you to the Faire site.

5. TD says:

that’s a ghoul!

6. Luke Iseman says:

@Dakota: Apologies to you and anyone else offended by the timing of this post. It certainly was not my intention to offend or in any way disrespect the memory of a great Maker!