Each day this week we’re bringing you a different roundup of 2008 posts on the CRAFT blog. Today’s year-in-review is of the most controversial projects that have graced the pixels of these pages last year. We like to encourage intelligent discussions about thought-provoking crafts that break from the mainstream, and in 2008 they fell into consistent categories:
- Bloody Plush Toys
- Squirrel Feet Earrings – by far the winner of them all!
- My Hair Barbie
- Meat House is Gross, Interesting
- Shark Attack Cupcake Mountain
- HOW TO – Pork Princess Tiara
No You Can’t/Yes I Can (crafts that bring up other issues):
- Yellow Submarine Shower Curtain tackles copyright and fair use
- TV-B-Gone Hoodie and Zipper Switch asserts control in public spaces
- Super Easy Stovetop Popcorn raises old generation vs. new generation conflict
If I forgot your favorite controversial post of 2008, please post it in the comments!