Searching related content for yesterday’s Pistol Flamethrower post, I came to the startling realizations that A) we have lots of great flamethrower-related content in the archives and B) hard as it may be to believe, we have not rounded it up before. That oversight is hereby rectified. Thank you, and you’re welcome.  Enjoy!

#10

Weekend Project: Make a fireball shooter

#9

World’s noisiest flamethrower

#8

Flame-throwing robot draws on your lawn

#7

Anti-flamethrower mosquito

#6

Flamethrower trombone

#5

Create fire with your mind using DIY pyrokinesis

#4

Homemade backpack flamethrower

#3

Flour-based flamethrower

#2

Functioning X-men “Pyro” costune flamethrower appliance

#1

Fire-breathing snowman is standing contradiction

Sean Michael Ragan

I am descended from 5,000 generations of tool-using primates. Also, I went to college and stuff. I write for MAKE, serve as Technical Editor for MAKE magazine, and develop original DIY content for Make: Projects.

Comments

1. Dangerous shit but cool though.

Why not feature some of the real flamethrowers? Number 4 comes closest. They do an excellent job of killing.
    Seriously, what’s next? The best fuel oil/fertilizer bomb? DIY anthrax? Please stick to non-lethal projects.

Hey look! It’s the Make Police, here to tell us what projects we aren’t allowed to know about! The fact is that lots of projects here are dangerous, and even regular household items can be used to kill. Should Make avoid projects about knives, swords, or railguns because they can be used to kill people? Or model rocketry projects because someone might hurt themselves?

For more flameshooting awesomeness (including mind-controlled fire!) check out Site3 coLaboratory http://site3.ca/projects/

2. VRAndy says:

Please don’t stick to non-lethal projects.

I’d like to read about any non-boring project, and these are great.

3. I read the title then the posting, and wondered if there would be someone hand-wringing about deadly killer “flamethrowers.”  I should not have wondered, I knew there would be.

You missed on the Flamethrower Trombone.  There is a real Flamethrower Trombone that shoots flames and a fireball called the “Frankenhorn” made by a kid named Scott from Jackson, MO

How about Anti-mosquito flamethrower for #7?

6. I love the pic for #4. At first glance, the “house for sale” sign in the foreground really begins to tell a story with the crazy flamethrower guy in the background. Then you notice it’s already sold. Welcome to the neighborhood!