Last night’s Make: Live marks our season two premiere, and we peeked at projects from the new MAKE Volume 29, learned about an innovative dog toy, and hung out together live in the chat. We’re trying something new with the archive: you can view the entire show in the Make: Live 24 playlist YouTube we’ve created for the episode. You can skip to different segments of the show and share single clips individually.
- Hamster-powered submarine
- Ask MAKE: Hospital Availability Toggle Switch
- MakerBot Replicator announced
- Maker Shed discount code: 15% off the Mintronics Survival Pack with code MAKELIVE2. Code valid through 1/24/2012
- Becky’s ASCII Heart Necklace
- MAKE Volume 29: DIY Superhuman
- North Paw and HeartSpark
- Josh Billions’ MapBag
- Deek’s Solar Passive Heater
- Maker Shed Giveaway prizes: Mintronics: Survival Pack, Pulse Sensor, LilyPad Beginner’s Kit, MAKE Ultimate Kit Guide
Want to show us your project? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, and your project could be on a future episode.
Michael Newman – Amazing Treat Machine Dog Toy
Michael developed this toy for his pup Hustler, who has limited mobility. He wrote in with a special video tour of his Amazing Treat Machine just for Make: Live viewers. Arf!
Bill Gurstelle – DIY Tuning Fork
In his ReMaking History column for MAKE v29, Bill Gurstelle shows you how to make your own tuning fork from a piece of aluminum.
Becky Stern – Beating Heart Headband
Also from the new issue, see how Becky built a pulse-monitoring headband with a heart-shaped LED display.