The Membrane Matrix Keypad, available in the Maker Shed, has 12 buttons arranged in a telephone-line 3×4 grid. It’s made of a thin, flexible membrane material with an adhesive backing (just remove the paper) so you can attach it to nearly anything. The keys are connected into a matrix, so you only need 7 Arduino pins (3-columns and 4-rows) to scan through the pad. Every time I look at this keypad I can’t help but imagine it being used to open a door to a secret lair or as the only way to disarm an evil device. Have other uses in mind? Put them in the comments!
- Weight: 7.5 grams
- Keypad dimensions: 70mm x 77mm x 1mm (2.75″ x 3″ x 0.035″)
- Length of cable + connector: 85mm
- 7-pin 0.1″ pitch connector
- 7-pin 0.1″ male headers included.
- Compatible with the Matrix Keypad Arduino Library