It has been 10 years since the greatest show and tell on earth began. 10 years of incredible sights, sounds, and smells. We’ve grown so much in that time that it is almost hard to believe! The Bay Area Maker Faire is not only the place where it all began, it is also the biggest and most attended Maker Faire that there is! Just watch the video above and you’ll feel the magic that happens at an event like this!
To make this magic happen, we need makers. This is your chance to get involved and show off your work. Our “Call for Makers” is officially open! Filling out the application shouldn’t take very long, but get in there and do it quick! This event fills up very quickly, so get your spot reserved as soon as you can.
There are 5 different categories of application. Find the one that fits you and click on through to get the process started.
An all-weekend exhibit to show-off your project(s), how you made them, and inspire people to make.
A scheduled performance, usually on a stage, set lengths vary
A scheduled 10, 20 or 45 minute presentation, usually on a stage
Be present in our start up pavilion
Corporate entities who want to have a presence at the Maker Faire
Here are just some of the topics that we’re looking for:
- Student projects
- Homegrown Drones
- Arduino projects
- Raspberry Pi
- Space projects
- Food makers (not concessionaires, more info below)
- Conductive materials projects
- Kit makers
- Interactive art projects
- 3D Printers and CNC Mills
- Textile Arts and Crafts
- Home Energy Monitoring
- Rockets and RC Toys
- Sustainability & Green Tech
- Radios, Vintage Computers and Game Systems
- Electric Vehicles
- Science, Biology/Biotech, and Chemistry projects
- Puppets, Kites, and Other Whimsical Creations
- Large-scale Art
- Shelter (Tents, Domes, etc.)
- Music Performances and Participation
- Unusual Tools or Machines
- How to Fix Things or Take them Apart (Vacuums, Clocks, Washing Machines, etc.)
Just like there is no way of capturing the magical experience of a Maker Faire in a gallery, there’s no way for us to know for sure what amazing things there are out there to inspire our community. If you make something and don’t see it on the list above, apply anyway!