Vol. 22: Kitty Twitty Cat Toy
Craft a cheery cat toy that sends tweets to update the world with your pet's activities.
Read this article now in your digital edition!
Subscribe to MAKE and get the best rate!
+ Downloads & Extras:+ Kitty Twitty was designed to be easily hacked, modified, and expanded. With just a few extra lines of code, and a sensor or two, you can Tweet just about anything you want! Here are some ideas to get you started. Let me know in the comments which are your favorites. Thanks!
- Add a pressure sensor to a food bowl - Tweet when you cat is hungy...nom, nom, nom.
- Use an ultra sonic sensor to detect movement in a room
- Add a pressure sensor to your cat's bed - Lazy kitty alert!
- A microphone could alert you to a meow or crash of a crazy kitty.
- Environmental sensors - Is your kitty cold? Too dark? Not dark enough?
General Arduino information:
» MAKE: NOISE — Discuss this articleYou must be logged in to post a talkback.
Join the conversation -- every MAKE article has an online page that includes a place for discussion. We've made these RSS and Atom feeds to help you watch the discussions: subscribe.