Step #1: Cut PVCPrevNext
- Cut a piece of 1/2" PVC pipe that is 7 inches long and cement that piece to the 1/2" coupler (the small circle in the last pic).
- Now the vertical part of the tee fitting (the larger circle) needs to be cut off with a hacksaw. Cut a piece of the thin plastic to fit over the hole of the "T". Hot glue the plastic to the cut to seal up the hole. Now cement the 1/2" coupler to one end of the tee.
- I am using blue duct tape as a substitute for PVC cement!
Step #4: Make a fountain!PrevNext
- With the assembly in your hands, put 5 Mentos into the chamber and put in the trigger pin. Then, flip it over and screw it onto the bottle making sure the pin doesn't slide out in the process. It will then be armed and ready. Count down from 10, pull the string and a fountain will flow! Happy Making and be prepared to be soaked!
- You may want the hole in the top of the assembly to be a bit smaller so that the fountain will be higher and/or last longer. Cut another piece of the thin plastic to cover the top end and use hot glue to secure it. Then use a 1/4" to 1/2" drill to make a hole in the plastic.